Discover New Age Products

Table of Contents

A Quick Guide to Protein

 

In this article you will learn about:

What is protein?

How much protein per day is needed

Types of protein powder

Benefits of Protein  

 

What is Protein?

Protein is one of the macronutrients our body needs to grow, repair cells, and work properly. It is a molecule made up of amino acids, and there are around 20 amino acids that a human body needs for growth and metabolism. The absence of amino acids will weaken the tissue’s ability to grow, repair, and maintain. Protein is present in a wide range of foods, and you must get enough protein in your diet daily because apart from growth and repair, it can also help to lose weight and prevent weight gain.

There are a lot of studies on protein intake for an individual trying to build muscle, and there is a lot of debate about the right amount of protein needed for muscle building. To help you out, we’ve created a quick guide to learn more about: the different types of protein available on the market and the right amount of protein your body needs to achieve optimal results. 

 

How much protein per day ?

The balanced amount of protein you need daily varies depending on age, weight, height, gender, and activity levels. However, everyone needs to consume 10-35% of their daily calorie intake from protein. If your intake is 2000 calories per day, then 200-700 calories should come from protein. The recommended protein intake for an average individual is 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram or 0.35 grams of protein per pound of body weight per day to meet the nutritional requirement.

Individuals involved in resistance training require a higher protein intake to maximize the anabolic effects of protein to increase muscle mass. The daily dietary protein intake for an individual involved in resistance training to build muscle mass or for maintaining muscle mass is 1.6-2.2 grams for every kilogram of body weight per day or 0.73g-1 grams per pound of body weight per day and consuming anything more than this likely offers no further benefits. 

 

Types of Protein Powder

 

  1. Whey protein

Whey protein is a dairy-based protein. Enzymes are added to cow milk during the cheese-making process to extract whey. The liquid whey is pasteurized, concentrated, and purified into powder mixed with liquid or solid foods for consumption. One of the main benefits of whey protein is that it digests quickly and is rich in branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs). Some people might have problems digesting whey protein and may experience symptoms such as bloating, gas, or diarrhea, these side effects are related to lactose intolerance or a milk allergy in some individuals. You can avoid this by either consuming a whey protein isolate or a supplement without dairy. 

 

  1. Casein Protein

Like whey, casein is also a muscle-building protein in cow milk and other dairy products. Yogurts, milk, and cottage cheese contain high levels of casein, and it has all the essential amino acids that our body needs to function. Although it is one of the slowest digesting proteins, it consists of about 80% of protein from milk, with the remaining 20% coming from whey protein. Casein can also cause issues related to digestion and just like lactose some people have casein intolerance which can result in symptoms such as gas, bloating, diarrhea.

 

  1. Plant Protein

Plant-based protein powder, also known as vegan protein powder, comes from plants like soy, brown rice, pea, or a combination of such plants. 

Plant protein powders are devoid of animal products. They’re dairy-free, which makes them perfect for anyone who is lactose intolerant or follows a vegan diet. 

 

To end with, here are a few main benefits of dietary protein while exercising:

*Protein helps promote muscle growth, synthesize hormones, repair the damaged cells and tissue & many other different metabolic activities.

*Protein helps reduce cravings and unnecessary late-night munching, which is one of the main contributors to deteriorating health.

*Protein helps maintain lean body mass, which reduces the risk of obesity, fractures, & other cardiometabolic diseases

*Protein helps lose weight and prevent weight gain by boosting your metabolic rate and by reducing your appetite.

 

Others

View all
Lap əla Bukmeyker Rəsmi Saytı

Rusiya Federasiyasındakı vahid dərya və qanuni saytda şəxsi hesabın girmə üsulu eynidır. Bukmeker kontoru Mostbet nadir, idman qarşıdurmaları ötrü artan

READ MORE
Sidebar
0
Your Cart is empty!

It looks like you haven't added any items to your cart yet.

Browse Products